Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jerk Wad



Got to see Coraline last night with a large group of people. It was kind of funny seeing the movie theater packed with fellow Animation students. All in all, the movie was amazing. I wish I had the patience to do stop-motion, the effect of it was beautiful. I randomly found an interview with the director, Henry Selick, this morning and he made an excellent comment on how the Other Mother had hand made this world for Coraline, so using the stop motion technique, that is all hand done, was a good compliment to that idea. I agree with that idea and it worked well. The only thing I disagree with is showing the film in 3D. I don't understand this 3D craze that is going on lately, half the people I talked to afterward said that it gave them a headache or was just uncomfortable for their eyes. My depth perception is off to begin with since I have uneven astigmatisms in my eyes, but I was even wearing my normal glasses under the 3D glasses and it was still obnoxious. (Maybe I need a new prescription?) But, that was the only thing I have to complain about, and it's not even that big a deal. Not all showings are in 3D, and when it comes out on DVD, that won't be in 3D either. So, if you're reading this and haven't seen Coraline yet, go see it. Now. Do it. Dooooooooo iiittttt.

1 comment:

கனவில் வாழ்பவன் said...

watched the movie today. REal awesome. Heard there was already a movie released with the same story.....!

I'm sure kids will get scare watching this movie :)